ManpowerGroup, renowned for its global workforce solutions expertise, recently released their hiring outlook survey results for Q4 based on feedback from 11,000 U.S. companies across 13 industry sectors. The Employment Outlook Survey clearly indicates that hiring managers intend to increase their hiring efforts for the final quarter of the year. All 100 of the largest Metropolitan Statistical Areas (MSAs) in the U.S. report a positive Net Employment Outlook.
Notable highlights from Manpower’s quarterly hiring outlook survey include:
• 22% of companies plan to hire during the last three months of 2016.
• Miami, FL, Raleigh, NC, Nashville, TN and Charleston, SC are among the hot hiring cities, with the strongest overall regional labor market expected in the West.
• Leisure and hospitality, wholesale and retail, transportation and utilities and professional and business services take the industry hiring lead.
• The Net Employment Outlook is 18% — previously seen in Q4 2015 and remains the strongest since 2007.
• Anticipated nationwide hiring plans increased by 3 percentage points from Q3, and every industry sector surveyed indicated plans to increase payrolls.
For an in-depth review of Manpower’s Q4 survey results, click here.
Kip Wright, Senior Vice President of Manpower North America, noted “While employers are looking to grow their workforces, many are challenged to find candidates with the right skills.” As a job seeker, it’s important to market your experience and skills in the best possible light, which begins with a strong resume. Consider partnering with a resume writing expert to help make your resume shine and targeting your search in the industries that are in the highest demand as well as the locations with the greatest demand for skilled workers.
If you’re looking for a partner to develop a resume that will help you land your next role, contact Robin Kelley, a San Francisco-based, top professional resume writer, to arrange a complimentary call.